Rainbow Tree Therapies Camps
The intention behind our camps is to honor the unique spirit of each child's development using the outdoors and nature as the natural premise for development. We also offer camps for parents and guardians. ALL children are welcome!
Camps for Children
- Handwriting Camps: Rainbow Tree has 2 camps geared toward supporting handwriting skills. In the Spring, the focus is on lower case letters using a multi-sensory approach to learning the formation. This is designed for 5-7 year olds and held after school typically on Mondays. In the Summer, we host a camp that focuses on overall strengthening and upper case letter formation. We learn the letters through a multi-sensory experience with very little paper/pencil. This camp is suitable for ages 3.5-5 years. Research shows that handwriting supports all areas of academics and even in this day and age of technology, learning to write is essential for brain development!
- Rainbow Drumming Camp: Appropriate for children ages 7 and up who can function within a group setting and tolerate the noise of drumming. Rainbow Tree’s Therapeutic Drum Circle will bring children together to support community of learning together, brain and body development, leadership, confidence, self expression, finding joy in music and rhythm and experiencing a drum circle in a natural camp setting. Private drumming sessions also available. During the summer months, we host full moon family drum circle nights where all are welcome.
- Pre-K Boost Up Camp: This camp is appropriate for ALL children ages 3 – 6 years. Activities include gross motor play on the outdoor natural playground, gardening, nature hunts and hikes, storytelling, music and dance, art, and sensory play. Skills supported: motor development, sensory integration, language & speech, social play, nature exploration and appreciation. Pre-academic skills woven in: shapes, colors, counting, problem solving, sequencing, letter and number recognition. We also host winter play group type experiences facilitated by Occupational and Speech Therapists.
- Find Your Rhythm Camp: This camp is appropriate for children ages 5 – 11 years with mild to moderate delays in the motor coordination (gross & fine) and speech/language development but really open to any child who could benefit from a multi-sensory intensive experience that focuses on finding their internal rhythm to enhance speech, motor skills and self processing and self regulation awareness. This camp offers therapeutic horse riding as well and includes drumming.
- Self-Care/Self Awareness Yoga In The Woods Camp: Winter & Summer Camps This camp is appropriate for children ages 8-14 and will intermix a yoga experience with learning tools to support sensory processing and self regulation. This camp will incorporate meditation, mindfulness, healthy eating tips, breathing techniques, and other sensory tools to support increased awareness and a calm but alert body, mind, and spirit. This class would be supportive of children who may be experiencing anxiety, hyperactivity, sensory sensitivity, self regulation challenges and/or low self esteem.
- Food/Nutrition Camp: Summer This camp is for children ages 7 and up. This camp is facilitated in collaboration with Chef Jeremy from The Kitchen Table at HealthEast Ways to Wellness. One session at Rainbow Tree and the other session at Ways to Wellness in Woodbury.
- Therapeutic Play Group Opportunities: Seasonal for children 3-6 years. Facilitated by Speech and Occupational Therapist. Language and motor coordination skills targeted along with functional skills. Come Build a Snowman in the Winter season.
- Adapted Yoga Camp: This camp is in the Spring on Sunday afternoons! Rainbow Tree is excited to host an adapted yoga camp instructed by Meg Nalenzy, Occupational Therapist with Gray Bird Yoga & Occupational Therapy. This camp will be for youth ages 9-18 years of age and is designed for children who may require support to engage in yoga poses. NO SCHEDULED CAMP AT THIS TIME.
Camps for Parents/Adults
- Parent/Adult Opportunities at Rainbow Tree: Seasonal opportunities. Families also welcome to Full Moon Drum Circle. See Rainbow Drumming Camp for more information.