Private Therapy - Individual
Private Therapy at Rainbow Tree:
*** Please review ALL of the information below!
- Private Therapy is generally offered September through May. We promote and encourage generalization of skills to our therapeutic nature camps offered in the Summer months. Sessions are also not offered during the months of December and January.
- This is nature based therapy where most of the therapy will occur outside with some therapy indoors if needed for success of child. We value nature as a space where change is driven by the child in a natural space that invites curiosity, provides low stress and ignites motivation!
- Our focus is to work heavily with you as the caregiver to ensure that we are supporting in your home environment.
- We package our sessions for 8 sessions at a time and then re-visit need and goals. See packages below. Packages allow for added benefit of coaching call for carry over at home where the change matters the most!
- Private therapy is scheduled during the weekday. We apologize but no sessions past 4:00 p.m. Sessions must end at or before 4:00 pm.
- Please email Lisa at firstname.lastname@example.org or text at 715-205-2703 to schedule a free 15 minute phone consultation to go over details.
The Rainbow Tree Advantage
Rainbow Tree strongly values partnership with the family and supporting children in natural environments including the natural playground and the home environment. We work very closely with caregivers and at times will include you in the session when appropriate. We value your opinion and will ask you to be heavily involved throughout the process of intervention. We recognize that family dynamics can impact child function and thus may look at the entire family systems and use an approach that encourages support at the family level too. Rainbow Tree is an intimate setting with access to nature and animals. We value natural landscapes for growth and development.
Is your child a good fit for Rainbow Tree?
- Age 3.5-12 years
- Able to navigate outdoors without physical support
- Sensory processing challenges (noises too loud, irritated by textures to the skin, poor balance, poor awareness of body in space - frequent falling or bumping into things, fear of movement)
- History of ear infections
- History of adoption
- Motor coordination challenges including decrease strength and endurance.
- Poor stress management
- Difficulty with sleep
- Messy handwriting or difficulty learning letter formation
If you are unsure, please contact Lisa Haverly for a free 15 minute consultation to determine appropriate fit. Email Lisa at email@example.com to schedule the call.
We would be happy to direct you where to get quality therapy but this private therapy setting would not be appropriate for children who have: 1) Complex medical needs 2) Not yet or unable to walk on an uneven surface. 3) Significant developmental delay where safety of running away could be a concern. 4) May be better supported in a facility where the environment is more controlled. 5) Significant and overwhelming fear of being outdoors.
"We sought out private therapy for our son at Rainbow Tree after years of sleep issues and challenges with emotional regulation that no longer seemed developmentally appropriate. Prior to our time at Rainbow Tree, it took our son an hour or more to fall asleep every night. He would have frequent meltdowns and seemed uncomfortable and anxious in his own body. Lisa is incredible. Our son immediately felt safe and seen at Rainbow Tree. The tools and resources Lisa has provided us are invaluable. We feel much more equipped to support our son through any challenges. After just a few weeks of the Safe and Sound Protocol, our son is beginning to feel safe enough to voice and work through his big feelings for the first time! He looks forward to his sessions with Lisa and truly feels at home on the grounds at Rainbow Tree. The natural playground is any child’s paradise and showcases the team’s ingenuity and dedication. We are so grateful for all Rainbow Tree has done for our family."
- An evaluation must be scheduled prior to services starting. Per the medical license of Occupational Therapists, an evaluation is required to proceed with therapy. Please allow 90 minutes for evaluation. We would accept a recent evaluation completed by a Licensed Occupational Therapist within the past 6 months. The fee for evaluation is $250 for on site evaluation at Rainbow Tree Therapies,LLC. Payment will be collected at the time of the evaluation.
Contact Lisa Haverly at firstname.lastname@example.org to set up an evaluation time. The fee includes evaluation session, analysis and scoring of results, producing a written report, and sharing of evaluation findings.
- The evaluation information will be shared with the caregiver over the phone. The assessment findings and functional need will dictate whether therapy is recommended or not.
- In collaboration with the evaluating therapist, goals will be established and written to represent functional, meaningful and measurable goals. Goals will be reviewed every 3 months to communicate progress to parents. Progress documentation will be shared electronically.
Rainbow Tree is a cash based business or out of network business. We do not accept insurance. We would be happy to provide you a superbill that you could submit to insurance to seek reimbursement. Rainbow Tree does not guarantee insurance reimbursement. All fees for Rainbow Tree will be paid in advance or as determined by the payment plan.
Payment will be collected by sending you an invoice. Check payment is preferred but there will be an online option for payment. Payment for at minimum of 4 sessions at a time will be collected prior to services being delivered.
Complete Intake Forms. CLICK HERE for forms.
If you refer someone to us, you will get one session at 20% off of one session.
1. Do you have supportive options OTHER than private therapy?
Yes, we have group format therapeutic nature camps. Please see our camp offerings for information or check the blog post for recent updates. We also have coaching calls for caregivers to be collaborative problem solvers for the home environment. Please note that an evaluation may be recommended and required to offer specific guidance.
2. How many sessions will be child required?
Sessions will be prescribed based on continued need and assessment results. You can plan for a minimum of 8 sessions to facilitate change. Therapy may come to an end once the child has reached the established goals and/or the parents request a break from therapy and/or the child's needs would be better met with a different type of professional. At Rainbow Tree, we see breaks from therapy as a positive thing and to see if skills learned are generalized into daily routines at home.
3. What does therapy in the winter time look like or when there is severe weather?
Your child will be expected to dress for the weather. Therapy can happen outdoors even in the winter. Playing in the snow is wonderful heavy work. We do have a heated building space that can also be utilized in the event of dangerous cold conditions or severe weather conditions. The building space may be utilized for some skill development if needed. There are NO services provided during the month of December and January unless scheduled separately with your therapist. Summer time is reserved for camp offerings so private session options are limited and private therapy clients are encouraged to attend a group format camp!
4. What is your cancellation policy? If for some reason, you have to cancel a session the policy is as follows:
- If cancellation is provided more than 24 hours in advance, then we will work with you to re-schedule.
- If a therapist has to cancel for any reason, you will be rescheduled or reimbursed in full or credited the full session fee toward a future session.
- Cancellation by you on the same day as your therapy session results in forfeit of the entire session fee.
- If schools in the area are canceled due to weather conditions, session will be attempted to be made up but there is no refund due to weather conditions.
- COVID related absences. Though we require that you not attend a session when sick, there is no refund for sickness related to COVID 19. We can try to make up a session or sessions but there is no refund based on COVID at this time. In year 2020 this policy was different given the extent to which the pandemic impacted attendance and community access to opportunities.
5. What are your payment options?
Sessions are paid for up front. Families have successfully used their Health Savings Account to pay for sessions. Upon request, I can provide you with what's called a superbill that you could submit to insurance for possible reimbursement. However, we cannot guarantee reimbursement. A superbill is provided after sessions have been completed.
Intensive Therapies Provided
Safe and Sound Protocol based on the Polyvagal Theory by Stephen Porges
Screen for visual efficiency and eye movement challenges